So I’m on a deserted island… And I can pick ten book characters to have with me… I think my number one is obvious.
1. Katniss Everdeen! Her ability to survive is just amazing. She is absolutely determined to LIVE no matter what. I need me some of that. Plus, her food know-how would be essential. How else am I going to survive on berries and roots? Knowing me, I’d pick the most lethal thing going in a wood full of harmless things.
[Katniss is from The Hunger Games]
2. Frost. Ain’t nobody gonna mess with us with Frost in camp! Seriously, she’s possessed by a wolf and she’s a whizz at axe-wielding. She often wields said axe while possessed by said wolf. WATCH. OUT.
[Frost is from Frostfire (which can be read as a standalone)]
3. Alexia Tarrabotti. Because I’d need someone to talk to for hours on end and also because she is is really smart. If anyone can get us off the island, it’s Alexia.
[Alexia is from The Parasol Protectorate]
4. Hermione Granger. For the same reasons as Alexia. Conversation and the smarts.
[Hermione is from the Harry Potter series]
5. Cinder. We’d need someone with a good head for technical things. And all the computerisation in her brain would come in handy.
[Cinder is from the Lunar Chronicles]
6. Rose Hathaway. Because another person who knows how to fight and survive can’t hurt, right?
[Rose is from Vampire Academy]
7. Lissa Dragomir. Because of her healing, and her use of compulsion to smooth arguments over…
[Lissa is from Vampire Academy]
8. Isabella Trent. I’d want Isabella around because of her knowledge of nature, as well as for someone to chat with.
[Isabella is from A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent]
9. Tris Prior. Because Dauntless. And I’m sure she’d know how to have fun whilst we’re stranded.
[Tris is from Divergent]
10. Clary Fray. I love Clary because even when the world throws massive issues at her, she just rises to meet it. Nothing fazes her; she just deals with it.
[Clary is from The Mortal Instruments]
Who is in your bookish desert island dream team?